Monday, October 24, 2016

The Feature Story Experience

In my feature story I focused on veteran swimmer Aidan Hurley and how he has impacted a swim team hopeful Mark Paikowski and shown him the ropes. Aidan taught Mark some of the different strokes someone on swim team must know in order to make the team. While interviewing Mark it became evident about the great impact Aidan has had on him as a swimmer and how he has propelloled him to where he is today. I like how in this video I had an opportunity to focus on a topic that I chose and could make it what I wanted it to be.

While creating my video I wanted it to start out light with nothing too deep but then I wanted to capture Aidan actually teaching and showing mark how to do the different strokes and different ways to cut through the water.

We then wrote out a written feature story about our feature story video, and my experience was unpleasant because the assignment was dull. After we went through the strenuous process of compiling a video we then had explain our video and the different steps in creating it that we took.:



The banter of both swimmers, Aidan Hurley and Mark Paikowski, fills the pool, the title introduces the protagonists name and producer. The clip then portrays the protagonist enlightening an up and coming swimmer by showing him how to perform the different strokes in the water.

            This story shows how two swimmers achieve to better themselves at a passion of theirs through each other. It shows that hard work and a good teacher can put you on the path to success. They spend many hours in the pool bettering their swim techniques and to get into better shape for the season.

After the initial teaching the focus falls on the demonstration of the different strokes and how to execute them. Then swim team hopeful Mark Paikowski gets interview and he answers the question of how having a veteran swim team member has effected him.

 “I am like a tad pole and I see Aidan as my daddy frog”, says Paikowski


            Both Mark and Aidan are very excited for the upcoming season and hope their hard work and hours of practice pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment